For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Farleigh Court Limited (trading as Farleigh Golf Clubs). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 4174497 and have our registered office at Foxhills Club & Resort, Ottershaw, Surrey, KT16 0EL.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Site, such as your name, address, payment data, email address and telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account with us as a member, making an enquiry, making a booking or providing your payment information such as credit card details, requesting a brochure, updating your membership details, arranging a visit, or for any other reason;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- data automatically collected regarding your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other data including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information we receive from other sources:
We work closely with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and booking services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Where we store your personal information; data security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area through a reputable third party hosting provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of Personal Information
Any personal information that you provide to us or that we collect from your visit to the Site will be used by us in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information regarding our services that you request from us including brochures and price lists;
- to notify you about services we provide which we feel may be of interest to you, including special offers, information about events and promotions (unless you have opted out of receiving such information);
- to create your account if you register with us as a member and to update your membership records and run the membership portal;
- to communicate with you in general (including, for example and without limitation, via email, post [or SMS]) in order to provide our services, including sending information about changes to the services that we offer or to our opening times, and special events;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and survey purposes;
- to collect payments from you;
- to carry out our obligations arising out of any contracts entered into with you;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site; and
We may also use your personal information to recognise you when you return to the Site; please view our Cookies Policy for more information [INSERT LINK TO COOKIES POLICY].
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties and will not share your personal information with third parties other than as set out below.
How we share your personal information and with whom
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties, as follows:
- to service providers who help us run the Site and our services, solely for the purposes of running the Site or administering our business. These third parties currently include Rackspace (who host our servers); the Drupal Association (who provide our content management database); and bookings and payment providers (who handle bookings and payments for our restaurant, hotel and golf facilities);
- to our advertising agencies and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- subject to your consent, to third parties who may offer products or services that may interest you;
- to report offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
You may at any time ask us to remove your personal details from our records by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, and give you an opportunity to opt-out of marketing at the point of data collection. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
You are also entitled to correct, review, update or change your personal information at any time.
Links to other websites
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee of £10 as a contribution to our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise your right of access, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org