Following the success of Sir Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome in the world’s most famous cycling race – the Tour de France, plus the gold rush for British cyclists during the London 2012 Olympics, cycling is one of the fastest growing sports in the country.
Cycling in Surrey provides a range of terrain to keep even the most ardent cyclist challenged. Foxhills is located within riding distance of popular peaks like Box Hill and open flat tracks such as Windsor Great Park.
The Club & Resort runs a weekly Cycling Club (link to 6.1.1) and is the official resort partner of the Aviva Tour of Britain (can we put logo on this page). In addition, Foxhills has played host to the nation’s top road cyclists in recent years, with the heroes of the London 2012 Olympics such as Mark Cavendish, Lizzie Armistead, Wiggins and Froome having bedrooms named after them which are now available for guests to stay in.
In addition to the Cycling Club, Foxhills holds an annual Sportive (link to 6.1.2) as well as providing group cycling days (link to Meet/Cycling Days) and a special Velo weekend break (link to this on packages). If the British weather puts you off heading outdoors, the Foxhills gym (link to 6.2 gym) provides studio cycling classes including Spin classes, with over 25 of the latest Technogym Bikes available. Watt bike sessions are also available for booking through the Gym team (link to firstname.lastname@example.org) – predict your lactate threshold in this 20 minute session with the assistance of one of our personal trainers.
Cycling at Foxhills
(Is there a way of showing this VERY visually? Like a pretty timeline with image and then text overlaid...? Where it scrolls through? This page is quite wordy so anything you can do to ‘soften’ the bit after this appreciated)
- Host of Team GB during Olympic Road Race test event
- Named official hotel for Team GB’s London 2012 Olympic road race cycling team
- The day after winning the Tour de France, Sir Bradley Wiggins arrives for a three week residency during London 2012, joined by his fellow Team GB cyclists including Chris Froome
- Launches a weekly Cycling Club (to use pic of old team kit – horrible yellow and pink one; link to Cycling Club page)
- Sponsors the Surrey leg of the Tour of Britain
- Launches the Velo weekend break
- Hosts first Sportive
- Visits Sir Dave Brailsford at British Cycling HQ in Manchester for tour, interview and ride (link to really horrible video of Sir Dave Brailsford)
- Sponsors the Surrey and London legs of the Tour of Britain. Hosts to Team Sky and Team GB during final stages of the tour
- Cycling Club enters two teams in the Woking Tour Series
- Official resort partner of the Aviva Tour of Britain
- Host of the UK’s first cycling industry conference plus events for Matt Prior’s One Pro Cycling; Baker Tilly; Kona and Maserati with Rouleur
- Partners with Just Pedal for corporate cycling events (link on last three words to Corporate Cycling page under Meet)